Thursday, August 19, 2004

where is the love?

I have seen a few episode of Singapore idol...sadly to say I could n't have the heart to watch it tillthe end. I was a very loya supporter of american idol as its a joy to listen to the contestants singing and the wittiness of the judges. esp Simon Cowell. He is able to give his views in a diplomatic way and fairness.

Athough I was ashame that there is hardly any singaporean who can really be on par with the Americans if not surpass...I truly admired the participants courage to go for the audition and sing their heart out. That is very entrepreneur of them. Even though I could tell some were just out there for their 15 mins of fame cos they just couldn't sing at all....still kudos to them for the courage.

However , the thing I couldn't stand is the words and comments that came out form the judges... as panel of judges, I have total respect for them in their professionalism and years of experience in the music industry. That is b4 the audition. But apparrently, this is not true for some of them. I was disappointed with Dick Lee and Florence lian for their remarks on some contestants. I am sure you would have read about it on the news. I think its downright insulting and cruel. the contestants have did nothing wrong to deserve these thrashings. Even as they can't sing, I don 't agree they should suffer such treatments from the judges.... to some meek ones, it makes them feels worse than a dog.

I know the judges are suppose to mimick the behavior of their American counterparts, but obviously they are not doing a good job.. just hear the words they said. No wit, no sense of a pro. Cuts like a knife! The after effects on those "fallen angels" could have dented their confidence and how they see themselves in the future. I am not making a hill out of a mole...Most of them are just teenages and young adults....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home