Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Lost in Translation

I know this movie has been out there for quite some time..but its only today I managed to see it . I sawa lot of familiar shooting locations which I have been last year...Shibuya, Tokyo tower, Ginza, etc. I wanna go back to Japan again!!! I like the winter chill and the ever so friendly ppl there. ...and also the kinkiness...heheeh.

the movie as most of you have heard or read is about 2 Americans who just can't get used to the life in Japan. Though they are there for diff reasons...they got a common problem; Can't sleep at night. Its the language barrier and culture shock ...its just not easy mixing around ppl who hardly understand what you want....and that can really sank you into depression. It's also 2 ppl who are able to find temporary solace and sense of belonging as they were each being neglected or alienated in some ways or another...watch the movie and you will know!

Personally, I can feel alienation in SINGAPORE if you cannot blend well into the rat race culture...its so hard to find someone else who shares my thoughts cos' most ppl just put on a brave front and "can do" spirit but inside, they are just as helpless as baby mice. Ppl don't wanna show their true self....and the pressure just built up and waiting to explode..no wonder they are more cases of mental illness in developed countries compared to 3rd world countries.

Huhhh..am I grumbling a lot these days??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home