Monday, April 10, 2006

End of all Sufferings...

If there's a drug or concoction that could either end or prevent any sufferings in any forms be it diseases, depressions, fears, anxiety..etc..I would spent my entire savings or watever I could to get my hands on it. Unfortunately, this would only happen in fairy tales. For thousands of years, mankind have been studying this possibilities and some have spent an entire life time seeking potion that never seems to exist. From Napolean to Qin Shi Huang...many great people have devoted much of their time and at the expense of lives in search of elexir and made potent pills...in the end , they died young with a greavance.

This is life, mankind may be blessed with wisdom and sheer determination, but we will all succumb to death at certain time of our life. This is a harsh but brutal fact we have to live with.
The point is , how do we face it. Most of us came to realise certain things are not to be taken for granted thru the hard way. Loved ones contracted life threatening disease, near death accidents...then we came to realise we have taken many things for granted...even the air clean we breathe and the water we drink. Simple yet basic neccessities of our daily lives. Many people succumb to the riches and temptations of modern world....without realising how empty our soul have become. Many have classified luxuries as basic neccessities to live with.

Well, of course for us living in modern society, it would be foolish for not having certain living standards and taste. We would be deemed as naive and shallow by others. (haiz..we cared too much of how others may judge us). I just felt we should at times think of those who are less previledge and treasure what we have right now.

To me, health not money meant the most ...although its true without money...there's a many things we can't accomplish. I am just content if I could get on with my current lifestyle comfortably. I don't need a car (who needs anyway since transport here is so efficient..its better to go green), no need for any tag heuer or rolex when I can know the time by asking or via the phone, no need to club often since I could have free music in the comfort of my house (rather than spending $50 and wait for 3 hours in the queue to be crushed by the crowds within..which I felt is pure stupidity), no need for expensive HP as the design always expires after 6 months or so....consider this, what's the basic usage of a phone??hellooo...

If we have saved on all these, each of us would have become a mini millionaire..sad to say spending has always been a cannot do without culture..some says its therepeutic ( I am one of the victims tooo...heheh)

Nevertheless, I feel I have grown wiser...at least I know what's important and what's not..I just need a sane place to live in. isn't that simple enough??

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger RAISIN said...

nice blog~

hmm~ Mebbe U can try doing volunteery work. Making a simple diff in other's lives really makes us feel more impt, loved, n bless in this world too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home