Sunday, August 31, 2003

The real race

Next time anyone who is going for any run..don't believe what the organiser says about reporting time..I reach sentosa at 730am (woke up at 530am and bloody hell its still drizzling) cos according to regulations it SAYS you have to reach 1 hr b4 flag off at 830AM for registration..bullshit there's no registration..they only give us paper clips for number tags and my friend and I ended up snoring at the carpark. Best thing is the 10km race starts at 845, 830 is for fun racers; 3km. wah liao!

Anyway, my stomach wasn't feeling too well from the beer effect yesterday..it was still churning when I was halfway hitting the beach. The beach stretch is a killer! A lot of ppl can't take it and stop or slow down...sands are flying everywhere ..but it was shiok..I stop 2x almost to vomit BEER! I manage to find a pacer who is a gal ...think around my age..we sort of reach a mutual telepathy understanding even though we don't know each other. She was slow but steady so I was either behind her or jsut side by side with her...after the bloody beach stretch, I was in full throttle for the rest of 2km and came in 55min.....totally wipeout and its the first time I came to appreciate the power of air. ...was puffing like a dog.


After the event, many was mass orgying for their belongings in the deposit area...totally chaos and some ppl lost their wallets, hp, ICs..bad planning on the orgainser..Luckily we found our bags soon. Its was already close to noon when we went for lunch. We sign up for the Sheares bridge run on the 14 sep. shit...only 2 more weeks to train for the 21km race. ..but I jsut love the sheer sensation after every race..ITS NOT THE TIMING THAT MATTERS , ITS ABOUT THE PAIN, HUNGER and NEVER SAY DIE ATTITUDE!! It's how we should live our life....isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home