Monday, April 19, 2004

I pray...

It's been 2 years since I have been to the church...not that I am a christian....my dad been hospitalised last sat so i thought of praying for his health. I promised I go church every sunday if he is well again. He got a minor stroke ...feeling sense of numbness in his left arm. Luckily he saw a doc in the morning and was sent to NUH immediately. When I heard the news from my mom on sat..I was still working..I got a shock. My mind was thrown in to a state of confusion...A stroke???!!! I knew my dad has a history of diebeties, high blood pressure and smokes a lot but he was behaving as per normal on friday night!!

I rushed to the hospital with my mom and was relieved when he seems quite ok...just a little tired. He can talk, can walk, can eat...the doc says its a minor stroke and he was sent in early. had to wait for the test report today. My dad just called he could be discharged today . I didn't feel relieved as I knew stroke can happen anytime. He just had to watch his diet from now on.Guess he learned his lesson and hopefully he will cut down on smoking..I don't post this for fun..I just wanna warn you all that don't take things for granted esp. your health. Even for young people, if you don't care about your diet , all the ill effects will snowball till it shows when you are old.

So advice is: sleep early, have a healthy diet, less cheonging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home