Monday, April 12, 2004

dinner at HV

...since my birthday coming, I throw a small dinner at thai express in Holland V, cost a bomb to me but its once a year affair...this year I can't think of anything special to celebrate..so I thought a simple dinner and chill at wala will do. At first, I actually told them to dine in Brecko..I had no idea what kind of food it serves and when I reach there...I found it serves bread and coffee stuffs so I switch to thai express. At least more variety to choose from .

I got around 20 people coming and they were split into 2 tables...somemore they came at diff interval...so very hard to intro to all..Some of my friends were cooped up in their group as they don't really know the other side well so there wasn't any synergies at all. I totally sucked as a host. Apart from that, i had to run bet 2 table and make sure thay no one loses any attention..luckily the tables are not far enough else I really look like a clown loh! I was happy that they enjoyed the food..I GUESS..FROM their look. the biggest joke was I forgot to order food for myself!! wat to do...in occasions like this, I was more worried about others than myself.

Around 8, most were done with their dinner so I thought of moving to wala for those going cos' I scared no seat left. Then my friends gave me a surprise by producing a cake and its tiramisu some more!! I swear I didn't notice anyone bringing the cake....kudos to them! I was quite moved by it...even though its small (luckily everyone gets a something...guess they didn't expect so many people coming...opps). gave some to the waiters and the boss of thai express too for cleaning up the mess. After that , its followed by some photo taking session. Its feels like a parting shot for me...as I knew most of my friends are leaving...anyway, at least they gave me face and came...what more can i ask?

Went to coffee bean for a drink afterwards and chill with the rest. sent one of my friend home cos' she got a hangover last night...hope she is well by now. Reached home around 12+. open my gifts ....from the gifts I receive, I knew that some of them really don't know me well...guess I fooled them by my looks...no offence to my friends who read this... but I appreciate the effort made ...That's also why I told them b4 not to buy any gift for me. ...it 's a waste of money on me . Next time give angbao better then I can buy things I like...heheehe..just joking!

Going to be 27 soon...itime really flies..but comparing to 10 years ago..I haven't really change much in terms of looks and physique..i am still me....boring, simple, short:)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home