Sunday, April 23, 2006

The older the wiser ?

I am turning 29 this year...in fact I am officially 29, 9 days ago. Thanks for all the well wishers ..though not many know about it (only a few close buddies). I didn't celebrate it anyway as I feel there's no need and I am not in the mood too. Its not as memorable as 18 or 21. Its just another year older...approaching the big 30. Yeah ...think I would celebrate that cos its another new decade for me.

I don't feel special on my birthday ..though its sweet that I received a few birthday sms...just a little sad. Nothing much achieved ...hopefully everything turns out better for 29.

Did I become wiser? I hope so but I definitely learned to appreciate things around me...family especially. Everything I do, first priority would be for my parents. No longer would I splurge on shopping but I rather treat my parents to a sumptious meal or spend quality time with them during the weekends. .. felt happier and less guilty for all the neglect on them previously. Guess its payback time .... overdue too.

Wonder if my kids( if I ever would get married one day) would do the same to me when I am old. Talk about fillial peity in this society... we are chinese afterall...

Looking forward to being 30...

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Raymond!
From: Michelle

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA!

Raymond bro, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LE!
Sorry for the late late greeting..
Been quite bz with sch work recently. We got some catching up to do.

Will arrange a meet up soon...cheers!

Jian Wei

 

Post a Comment

<< Home