Sunday, September 07, 2003

My best friend' s wedding...part 1

It was a big day for my buddy , pat who was having his church wedding yesterday. As his "professional" photographer, its was never a simple task just to take photos..I got his second best man..always reminding him of timings. Pardon me for writing so much but I really got many things to share esp..those who have no first hand experienc of wedding prep..this might serve a some good notes..

I woke up at 530am and pack up my camera sets...took a cab there to bedok from jurong west *still thinking if I should claim taxi fare...hehehe). and reach his house at 7am..very early but better to be safe than mesh up the whole schedule....suppose to reach his bride at 820am to pick her up for the 1st tea ceremony. Howevr, we got to go thru her monies and sisters. Our first plan was for me to infiltrate into the house since I have the perfect excuse I need the best angle for photo takings..hahaha...and the rest will see my hand singnals and "charge in" but it backfired! the monies didn't fell for the trick..DAMN! They requested $999 but after much haggling , we close down to $88..I though that was really a cheapskate..haha.That was not all..after we went in, the bridegroom got to guess which room the bride was hidding..of course as his capable cameraman..I hinted to pat the correct room.Bingo!!

We fetch the bride and proceed to pat 's house for teh tea ceremony. at 840am. After spending 2 rolls of film on that(they got many relatives)..we left at 1030am to teh bride's house for teh 2nd tea ceremony..that was another 2 films spent. I had to buy 3 more to top up...by the time we left , it was around 12pm..The weather was blistering and all of us was sweating like a pig. ..but the worse will be the bestman and bride who was wearing a black suit with tie. I should be thankful that I can dress up lightly..heheh. We left for the church wedding at 1pm to check out the prep, the bride will only need to be there 10mins b4 the ceremony starts...The church decoration was just as I have seen on TV dramas...the aisle was laced with trinkets and pink roses...the same goes for the chairs and altars..simply captivating!sorry I am at lost for vocabs to describe them..2pm was the real thing...the bride steps out from the Merz accomany by her father and when the maindoor opened, everyone would stand up to welcome them ...the rest was dramatic..again I was lost for words. I was snapping away trying my best to capture the greatest moments..the rest was history.

the whole affair ended at 3pm and finally we left for apt house for refreshment. We also watched the video capture of the entire day and laughed at the funny moments..that was not the end , part 2 is coming up at night.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home