Monday, September 01, 2003

Wedding blues...

Today I attended my buddy 's ROM..never been to ROM ceremony b4 so kena very excited..at the same time I ask myself when will it be my turn ..not that I am very desperate to get engaged..but I thought it is a very noble and holy process...to my dismay it isn't. I was also the wedding photographer for his wedding too. the time stated was 350pm, but we turn up at 3pm ..you know singaporean is KS wat. Nevermind that, the bride to be will only arrived at 330..totally fine anyway I went with patrick(the bridegroom) for a chillout at the Fat Frog. Talk about the difficulties for him...his was a shotgun thingy..else the whole thing won't be that rush..He almost spent all his savings on church wedding, chinese wedding banquet, and honeymoon to Koh Samui..wah.cool har!..but his wife hardly chip in cos' she doesn't have any savings..wat!!working over a 2 years and not a single savings! Poor pat...

Finally the bride arrives , not really in a glam manner...she wasn't too dressed up ...like wat I visualized ..a simple and elegant white gown ..a bit bo chap during the signing too..just keep saying yes, yes,yes like a zombie..I doubt she was listening wat the official is saying. Maybe its becos..no choice already.." sheng1 mi3 yi3 jing1 zhu3 cheng2 shu2 fan4"... I just can't feel the "love is in the air" atmosphere...after that I went over to his home for a short break b4 his church rehearsal at 730. I had a great talk with pat's mum too. .found out she wasn't raelly pleased with his soon to be wife..the wife is too domineering while pat is too soft and gentle. The relationship wasn't good bet mother and daughter in laws too..if not for the unborn child , she would have told pat to dump her..so sad to hear that:(

At the church rehearsal, we sort of go thru all the motion and procedures..I don't know that's so amny things to remember!! like how should the bridegroom grab hold of the bride from her father, which side the bestman should stand, how should the pageboy and gal walk up the aisle..out of bounds area ,how should you exchange the rings, etc and Jeff, the bestman was busy taking notes on his PDA..by the time we ended, it was almost 9pm.. Jeff and me had dinner with pat 's family ...mainly her mum and sister. They are so warm and nice unlike the bridegroom's family; act "dao" and domineering...don't want to dwell too much abt that.

End of the day, I realise the whole marriage event is not that simple as we seen on most hongkie drama..never jump into marriage unless you are really sure of the love...and always exercise PROTECTIVE MEASURES!! don't anyhow splurt...you will regret it esp for guys..so much for my 2 cents worth of thoughts..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home